TRUST IN OUR FUTURE
The Chelsea Supporters’ Trust notes media reports that negotiations for the sale of Chelsea Football Club are moving at pace and that a deal may potentially be agreed within days. Securing the club’s future and supporting our supporters is paramount.
Prospective owners must engage supporters at the earliest opportunity and take steps to ensure the club is supporter orientated and sustainable.
As an immediate gesture of goodwill, negotiations for the purchase of the club must include:
- The outstanding balance of the loan from the Club to Chelsea Pitch Owners should be forgiven, so that Stamford Bridge is secured by and for Chelsea’s supporters.
- The relevant recommendations of the Fan-led Review of Football Governance report by Tracey Crouch are implemented, namely:
- A golden share for fans to protect key items of club heritage;
- Consultation with supporters through the creation of a democratically elected shadow board;
- Continued support for Chelsea FC Women
- A commitment from prospective owners to meet the CST at the earliest opportunity and to engage in regular, constructive dialogue with supporters on issues of supporter interest, including fair ticketing, and stadium development.
- A commitment from prospective owners to continuing the legacy of the Chelsea Foundation’s community work.
- A guarantee that there will be no attempts to exit existing sporting structures without the engagement of key stakeholders, with supporters at the forefront – this includes the “European Super League.”
We call on the Premier League, Football Association and Football Supporters Association to support the above demands.
This is an important juncture in demonstrating a commitment to improved governance in football, with communities and supporters at its heart.
The Chelsea Supporters’ Trust calls on all Chelsea supporters to join the CST, endorse the above aims and ensure our voice is heard.
TRUST IN OUR FUTURE
On behalf of the Chelsea Supporters’ Trust Board