The results of the recent Chelsea Supporters Trust Board election and the voting on each CST Motion, as proposed in the AGM of 13th August have now been released.
The vote for the new Board was an ‘affirmative vote’ with 9 members standing for election or re-election. Each member required 50% of the vote to be elected.
We are delighted that each member standing received well over 90% of the votes cast and the following have been duly elected: Cliff Auger; David Chidgey; Henry Fowler; Charles Jackson; David Johnstone; Chris Rayburn; Ramzi Shammas; Dan Silver; Richard Weekes.
We trust the membership will extend a warm welcome to new Board members Henry Fowler and Ramzi Shammas and to the returning Board members as well.
The first meeting of the new Board will be held on Thursday September 14th where we will elect the positions of Chairman and Treasurer, Paul Jeffrey will remain in position as Secretary.
In addition, we have now received the results of the voting for the Motions from the Board.
In short these are as follows (votes in favour in brackets):
- Approval of 2016/17 accounts (98.48 %);
- CST Affiliations (100 %);
- Stamford Bridge Redevelopment (99.24 %);
- Future of Chelsea Pitch Owners (99.24 %);
- Temporary Stadium (100 %);
- Atmosphere Concerns and Safe Standing (98.48 %);
- Ticket Pricing and Availability (100 %);
- Kick-Off Times (100 %);
- Membership of Safety Advisory Group (99.22 %);
- Ticket Touting (96.92 %);
- Stakeholder Engagement (100 %);
- Football in the Community (100 %);
- Club Heritage (100 %);
- Supporters Club Ticket Allocations (94.57 %).
Full details of the Motions can be found here
As you can see every Motion proposed by the Board has been backed positively and bar a percentage point or two unanimously!
This gives the new Board a very strong mandate from the membership going forward on the supporter issues that affect them most.
To all of our members who took part in the AGM, the election of the Board and for voting on the Motions, many thanks. This democratic process is exactly what sets the Chelsea Supporters Trust apart in that we are answerable to the membership and we work on the issues mandated by the membership.